Sage Sausage, Asparagus, and Mixed Pepper Frittata
11 Oct 2013
This dish is delicious, satisfying, and packed full of veggies. A great way to start the day!
* Gluten Free
* Sugar Free
* Optionally Dairy Free
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes depending on veggies being fresh or frozen
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
* 4 Eggs
* 1/2 cup cooked Acorn Squash
* 10 (1 pkg) Applegate Farms Chicken and Sage Sausages
* 6 Asparagus Spears (frozen or fresh)
* 1/2 cup mixed Peppers (frozen or fresh. I used yellow, orange, and red.)
* 1/8 cup sliced Red Onions (frozen or fresh)
* 1 slice of Swiss (optional)
* 1 tsp Dried Rosemary
* 1/4 tsp Mustard Powder
* 1 tsp salt or to taste
* The desire to eat something delicious
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a 9x9 baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Crack the eggs into a medium sized bowl. Add squash, rosemary, mustard, and salt. Mix. Set aside.
3. Cut the sausage, asparagus, peppers, red onions, and swiss into bite sized pieces. If the veggies or sausages are frozen, let them thaw just enough so that you can cut them, about 5 min.
4. Add all of the bite sized pieces into the bowl with the egg squash mixture.
5. Pour into the baking dish. Place in oven and bake approx 25-30 minutes or until inserted knife comes out clean.
6. Allow to cool slightly before cutting. I suggest cutting in into 4 large pieces or 6 medium sized pieces.
This is a great dish to bring to a brunch. Double it and make it in a 9x13 if it will be a larger party. Optionally, pour the mixture into greased muffin cups or greased custard cups to make smaller individual portions. Reduce baking time when making individual portions.
Make the mixture the day before and store it in the fridge to reduce prep time.
Cross your fingers that there are leftovers!