Slow Cooker Pepperoncini Beef
18 Nov 2012
If only there were magical fairy's that made Mom's pepperoncini beef while you were sleeping. It turn's out that fairy is you.
I have been so busy and wanted to make something fast, or very slow, but while I was sleeping. This was great. 5 minutes of prep and 6-8 hours of sleep = you now have lunch to take with you to work.
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 6-8 hours on low
* 2lbs. Top or Bottom Sirloin * 1 - 12oz. jar of Pepperoncini Peppers.(mild or hot to your preference)
1. Drain liquid from peppers into measuring cup.
2. Dump peppers onto cutting board and cut off stems and discard them.
3. Add an equal amount of water to the pepperoncini juice in the measuring cup.
4. Put everthing in the slowcooker, cover, and cook 6-8 hours.
5. When finished shred beef with two forks and shred some of the peppers so that you have a variety of sizes of pepper chunks in the beef.
To prepare my lunch, I tore up raw baby spinach, cut up raw carrots, and added the beef, and some pepper jack cheese all in one tupperware. Then at work I microwaved the whole thing and ta-da. Yum. Oh, if you do this, make sure you drain the beef before adding it to the veggies and cheese.